What in the world just happened? I’m a new blogger who just stumbled across WordPress, deciding that as much as I love to write and as many ridiculous this that happen to me, I may as well put it on the Internet for eternity, when BAM! One of my favorite bloggers whom I have to thank Survived Narc goes and nominates me for an award?!? “I’d like to thank the Academy…” Just kidding.
I’ve been blogging for a little over a month now and have made some sweet friends already. I’m no stranger to social media and online friendships. I’ve been entertaining and likely offending thousands on Twitter for years and over a thousand on Instagrambut I’ve never taken up blogging until recently.
Making friends involved being engaged, encouraging each other, getting to know each other, thus I am always excited to have a little fun while building relationships and friendships online. I will admit I’ve stolen all the photos from my “Academy” to complete this blog. *she gave me permission!
Just the facts, Jack:
1. I’m dating at 47. You heard me. You can’t stutter when writing. I’ve been divorced five years, and have dipped my toe in the dating pool many times over the past five years. I’m still asking myself what the fuck is wrong with me. One has so much less patience at this age for games and perverts. SO.MUCH.LESS.
2. I come from a law enforcement family and was a police officer’s wife for 13 years, engaged to him for 5 and dated for 2, all through the academy until he made it to Assistant Chief. We are close and don’t fight. Our kids are more important than that. I am passionate about police related politics and understand what it feels like to be a child born into law enforcement, married to it, and to be a parent to two children who could be left without a father. I am what you call “Blue Family” and defend my family adamantly.
3. I’m Texan. I live in Far North Dallas… Closer to Oklahoma than Dallas.
4. I took an Eat, Pray, Love but to Detroit. Don’t laugh. I left and spent almost 2 years working, making new friends, enjoying a new city, its art and music. I sold everything but mementos leaving Dallas behind 2 years ago. My ex husband had just remarried, my heart was broken, my issues were unresolved, my bottom feeding friends had exhausted me and I had to get out of here. I wouldn’t trade that time for anything in the world. The hardest part was only seeing my kiddos every six weeks but we made it work. They enjoyed Michigan, making new friends and their mom came home healed and happy.
5. I am a medical professional. I could save your life. Nursing is difficult. I do it as an executive for a large healthcare company now. No bodily fluids is almost as awesome as a $200 scratch off win.
6. I curse like a sailor. I use fuck like a comma. I’m the same person writing as I am talking, so if you’re easily offended, bye. Nice knowing you. Toughen up, it’ll be OK.
7. I have suffered the loss of a child, my daughter Kassandra. It’s defined who I am and made me the person I am today. I may delve into grief in late Fall each year. I’m an amazing mother because of that loss.
But I digress…. The nominees for One Lovely Blog are….
1. Am I the only loser out there? Sam was my second follower. I have no idea how I found her but I am so glad I did. She has dating nightmares just like me. She’s considered very sensual/sexual just like me (I can’t describe this to anyone.. Maybe it’s my curves, but it’s more about attitude. I’ve never been told I’m cute. I’m always told I’m sexy. It’s a vibe) Her writing is raw, especially when it comes to a lost lover. I enjoy her blog and getting to know her.
2. How to Get Things Done in 10 Ways Allison was my first blog follower. I love reading her ideas and tips on how to streamline things and truly get things done in 10 Ways.
3. Authentically Aurora I love how Aurora writes. When she explains what she’s engaged in, I feel like I’m sitting across the table from her as a friend. I love her style and enjoy her blog so much.
So that’s it. I’m so new I don’t have many to refer you to. The sweetie that nominated me is also obviously on my list. 🙏🏻
Thanks for making a newbie’s day!
-THAT Crazy Girl